• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member introduction

Hi there everyone. I have just found this forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Louise. I am 28 years old and I have a 4 year old son called Ryan. Back in 2010 I got severely ill and during that year when my son was just a year old I was diagnosed with gall stones so bad they removed my gall bladder and just the day after realised there was something more sinister going on. In september that year after having all the tests under the sun they found crohns disease and it was pretty severe too. I ended up having an ileostomy in november the same year which originally wasn't the plan. Since having this operation I have had problems with pain and flatulence despite changing my diet and I am due for an MRI study of my small bowel. This is something that I am worried about because I have never known of having to use a laxative when you have to use an appliance for the rest of your life. has anyone ever had this done?

nogutsnoglory

Welcome. I think they can insert the contrast directly in through the stoma. I know that's their plan for my upcoming MRI or CT scan. If they are checking upstream though they may need you to drink some but anything downstream should be by injection.