• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member introduction

Hi, I am new to the site, Ihave had crohns now for approx 10 years, Ihave had surgery (2 years ago) crohns has returned and I am going back to the hospital to be put on azathioprine and mercaptopurine. I am really quite apprehensive about it. I have had a really bad day today, pain I have not suffered with for a while now. I want to just curl up in a ball and hide in a corner. My daughter told me to look for a forum and I came across this one. So helpful to see I really am not suffering on my own. That. Sounds really selfish of me sorry.

Welcome. I have been on azathiorpine for years. My doctor monitors me and has cut the dosage once when it got too high in my blood. You will find a lot of support here.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm sorry you're poorly but I'm really glad you've found us.

You don't sound selfish at all, that is exactly what we are here for. Please have a look around and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please feel free to ask us and you are always welcome should you need to vent to us at all. No one here will judge you as we all understand what this illness can do to you mentally as well as physically and no matter what the problem we will do everything we can to help. We may not always have the answers but at the very least we can be a shoulder to cry on.

I understand your nerves regarding the new medication, it is daunting starting a new medication especially if you've been medication free for a long time, but remember that the side effects are usually minor and will generally go once your body gets used to things. You will be closely monitored and they should do regular blood tests to ensure that any problems are picked up early on. Please remember that if you do have any concerns and need to chat, we are all here to help. What we give is not a replacement for medical advice but sometimes it can be reassuring to know that other people have been in the same place as you are now.

scottsma

Hi and welcome to the forum.You're obviously in a flare and it's no fun at all.When we're lucky enough to have a long spell of remission,we tend to put Crohns in the back of our minds and get on enjoying life.Then out of the blue it hits like a tornado. I hope the next batch of meds.put you back on the road to feeling better really soon.

Thanks! I have almost cried at your words of reassurance, it is so good to have people there who know exactly how I feel. Fingers crossed the Aza does its job.

scottsma

Please keep us updated on your progress.Your posts will helps others in your situation,and unfortunately there are many.Feel better soon.

Hi all, been rushed off my feet so haven't been on for a little while. The Aza and me are good so far, had a call from the hospital about my blood tests and all normal. Go again for more bloods tomorrow then next Monday i see the doctor again.:thumright::thumright:

Hi all, been rushed off my feet so haven't been on for a little while. The Aza and me are good so far, had a call from the hospital about my blood tests and all normal. Go again for more bloods tomorrow then next Monday i see the doctor again.:thumright::thumright:
Hope the best for you.