• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member - love the posts

Just joined (10/5/13). Have been reading a lot of the posts. Really feels like I'm not alone. Not much in the way of support groups in rural Alberta so trying to find my way. Lucky to have 3 wonderful doctors on my side. GI, Rheum., & my family dr. All three female and the best I've ever met.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi rrhood1 and welcome to the forum! :D

Have you been diagnosed with Crohn's (I'm assuming you have been though)? When were you diagnosed? Are you currently in remission or a flare (symptoms?)? Are you on any particular treatment plan?

Sounds like you have a good set of doctors by your side. :) I find all three to be extremely important for treating Crohn's. All of mine are male but I don't mind being female.

Yes, Crohns diagnosed in June 2010. Tried Humira & Imuran - helped the bowel but did nothing for all the secondary symptoms - joint pain, skin infections, eye pain. On Remicade now for almost 2 years with Methotrexate. Was in remission for almost all that time. Having a bad flare right now - horrible pain in my joints so my Rheumatologist is trying Sulfasalazine. Waiting for it to kick in.
I'm very lucky with my doctors - they are fabulous & available via email when I'm having trouble.