• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member new story

Well hello everyone am only a new member but familiar with this site 4 long time I am happy 2 know that am nt alone n am sorry for US all
Yea so I really can't sleep because of the anger I feel so I just registered 2 share wt kinda of hell that I live in
So bare with me
First of all I've been going through lots of thing in my life tryin to fix wt my .. lets say closest one broke n goin to college n changing my major I was happy independent girl all I was askin god to give me the strength to face those ugly f face ppl that I have in my life n to give me the guidance in my life so 2011 is the year I got ill I thought it was my stomach actin out cuz all my life I've been having digestive issue n no one notice it but every pain was like ok hope u go away by urself n it did go away it came on diarrhea forms n vomiting n I couldn't enjoy my tea latte any more which was weird then suddenly I collapse it was fever vomiting diarrhea I couldn't eat a thing tried soup I can't hold water inside so I went 2 the doc after they thought its food poisoning. N other stuff so I dropped alotta weight rapidly n become a skeleton I swear I was shaking like I was going to die so he thought something in my stomach n they did find I forget the name its a bacteria I treated n was ok for days but went back to hospital cuz I couldn't keep food n I have abdominal pain wasn't something that I had before so I did colonodcopy thing n tada its celiac disease stopped eating wt I ate n I don't play with my life if it's grains n wheat wt almost kill me I cut em off without regret
So I went 2 college n change my major I was ok but something wrong with me I might only was ok for 2 months then I lost everything again my health my college suffering from every pain it was sharp as hell I did x ray
Pelvic sonar u name it I did it all n it was on my left side so if it was on my right they will think its appendicit
So I change my doc n went to other n did all noscopy they want n he said its crohn's
Ok so wts that . Well idk about u but in my country we have corrupted health ministry n all gov hosp sucks n the problem I get my self treated in private hosp n they suck 2 at least in my experience he said its long term disease bla bla so I said do I have celiac. . N he said why u want em both? He got an attitude if he don't have an answer so I said no I meant do I still be on gluten free or
. He interrupted me sayin eat wt u want! I was stupid 2 do it without thinking or searching cuz crohn's wasnt well known even till this day so I was ok by god grace till I get those flare ups n all he do is noscopy thing n meds yea I know that's wt he can do I know that but telling me 2 eat wad stupid thing to do n in his clinic he only do the noscopy thing no blood test n I think he thinks he have x ray vision jus saying so I said to myself I can't trust those ppl it will be my fault if I don't take care of myself n I did
Research n found we all have the same symptoms but with food we kinda tolerate nt on the same level
So I tried to be safe n only ate plain rice n yogurt n only drink green tea n water
Dear lord still gets flare ups avobe it igot skin rash skin tags red eye swear my joints hurts like am old am only 25 n the problem I used 2 be athletic now I set like old cat n I walk like one n am that grumpy the cat when it comes 2 talk 2 my dumb**** doc so I took entocort pentasa I had problem with pentasa
N Ascol n my friend is medrol each time I get sick he gave me this n now my face is swollen my body change so I was still angry cuz I got to finish college I need that
Each time I go I relapse n I stop going
So it was 3days that I talk 2 my dumb doc n I told him I got this n that n I swear he was yea so ?
Then I say ok look I have a folder with some interesting med he look at em n say yea I know
Well f u for nt telling me ot giving me
I can't go to the clinic for the b12 shots cuz I get do tired n just was on college n all I think of is resting
So there was a spray !!
Then I told him bout the probiotic n he said yea!!
I was like r u for real I was almost thinking those things doesn't exist
He only have those too
Calcium
Iron
Nothing more
So I took a min n then I said cut it out
I know it nt a cure but I need to be me again
He said no 2 early n no way
So now all I have 2 do is the scopy thing both of em n idk bout my college I gave up on ppl here they don't understand a thing n even the doc all they want is drain the wallet n am ok just help me in return
But here's the f problem I know its chronic disease
N the meds they use it will fix one problem n cause others especially about the amnunity system pressing
Even before crohn's I get ill easily so to me those might end up my life before I started it
N the food :( I tried to eat plain tasteless safe food n still gets flare ups what's wrong with me??They sell lots of supplement lots of shakes will we need a cure ppl everything has a cure
I don't care wt they say n wt drug companies trying to sell there's a cure at least a relief I will be ok if I can be independent on myself n have some energy n get manageable pain as a girl we know wt pain is from waxin to pmsing :mad: will anyone think am crazy ifi want to cut it out n nt trying those meds???
Is it up 2 me cuz that doc refuse n gave me the impression its wacky idea? ?
I feel abandoned n left to die cuz ppl here don't know wts that even my college professors dont get it n treat me like everyone else I need the special treatment cuz I feel tired n ill
It might sound weird I know but I would love to gain 2 years n feeling normal m finished wt I started with college then let crohn's come again

Life got stages n chapters n I hit the do or die

theOcean

Hello there! I'm sorry to hear you've been going through such a tough time with your health care in Kuwait, and it sounds like your doctor isn't being helpful at all.

You said you were afraid of your immune system getting suppressed, but with this illness it's actually helpful. What happens with Crohn's is that your immune system works too well and recognizes part of your body as foreign, and attacks it. So it focuses so much on that, that it stops helping to protect you from other illnesses. That might be why you get so sick all the time.

My doctor started me on immunosuppressants over a year ago, and since I started them I actually stopped getting sick! Do you know which ones he was talking about putting you on? Even if you don't like him, you can at least suggest things to him from things you've researched online. We can help you on here too by sharing our experiences with medication.

Usually the immunosuppressants they mention are Imuran/Azathioprine, 6mp and Methotrexate. These have helped a lot of people to get their Crohn's to calm down, and go into remission.

There are also biologics, which are much stronger. But trying an immunosuppressant is probably first.

David

Co-Founder
Hey there! Welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share the story.

I just wanted to chime in and wish you all the best.