• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Member!

Hello Everyone

Thought I would introduce myself. I am a 24 male living in London and have had Crohns since 2002. In this time I have had: a colostomy, a small bowel resection, drug treatment of azaithioprine, asacol, prednisolone, inliximab, adalimumab - all of which have not worked! I have just spent two weeks in hospital after a particularly nasty flare up and have now been let on a something I haven't tried before.

I am on a no food diet and am drinking Modulen. I have posted about this on the food and diet section and from the research I have done, if I can stick to not eating any food or drink for 6 weeks things may well improve!

Be interested to hear other peoples views and thought!

Welcome to the forum.

You are a better man than me if you can go six weeks without eating.

I hope it helps you out. Please let us know how it is working for you.

Dan

Hi colin... I was on a no food diet for 4 months. I drank nothing but Ensure and Vitalife. I was in the hospital for the first 2 weeks and had nothing. I was nurished through an IV. Its a hard thing to do but its worth it. It separates the men from the boys.

Always remember to NOT fall into self pitty and depression. Depression is very hard to avoid and it can make you worse. IMO laughter is the best medicine. I could never have got through this disease without my friends. The more we were together the more I laughed. The more I laughed the better I got.

Be honest to yourself and convince yourself that you will get better.

good luck

Thanks for your messages of support guys. I have now done 8 days on Modulen and am feeling so much better already so the signs are good. I would be lying if I said i wasn't craving a juicy steak!!

I will keep you informed on my progress