• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New members - please read :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi and welcome!

just a little note to reiterate our post in the Come In And Say Hi thread, in which you will have posted a brief introduction before your account was fully activated.

that thread, once you are a fully registered member, will not be visible to you any more, and even if you receive notifications that someone has replied to you in there, please don't worry - it simply means that another new member has come in and introduced themselves.

our Admin email account receives many queries from newly registered members, asking why they cannot access that thread and see replies to their initial brief introduction post - and although we have explained how that thread works in the opening post there, it seems that there is still confusion.

i hope this clarifies the situation :)

any queries regarding the Come In And Say Hi thread can be posted here.

thanks.

OK, what is the "Come In and Say Hi" thread??? Is it only for the mods eyes??

yes, it's a top secret place, dark and terrifying, and only the bravest of staff are allowed in there..... :bat:

lol. seriously - it's a temporary holding area for new registrations... simply a device which so far has worked brilliantly, to filter real genuine members from spammers.

Lol

yes, it's a top secret place, dark and terrifying, and only the bravest of staff are allowed in there..... :bat:

Lol. Seriously - it's a temporary holding area for new registrations... Simply a device which so far has worked brilliantly, to filter real genuine members from spammers.

Then i guess i'll repost in here..I'm Terri..from North Wilkesboro, NC (Yes, accent and all) I come from a large Japanese-American family (6th generations) I now live in the Pacific NW as a certified CPA/bookkeeper (I do taxes!)

Welcome Trnrmom and Terri!

Trnrmom said:
I've had several welcomes. How do i get to the `hi' message board. I keep getting blocked.
Then i guess i'll repost in here..I'm Terri..from North Wilkesboro, NC (Yes, accent and all) I come from a large Japanese-American family (6th generations) I now live in the Pacific NW as a certified CPA/bookkeeper (I do taxes!)

rygon

Im under the impression that one of the mods will read your posts and decide if you are real, then grant you privaliges for the rest of the board, so it may take a couple of days

welcome to the forum anyway :)

Yes, they are usually pretty fast about it....

Im under the impression that one of the mods will read your posts and decide if you are real, then grant you privaliges for the rest of the board, so it may take a couple of days

welcome to the forum anyway :)

please new members - don't post in this thread to introduce yourselves, please make a new thread for your intro in our Your Story section..

regarding queries about getting notifications from the Come In And Say Hi thread, and not being able to access that thread - please reread my first post above.... :)

thanks.

Hi I am doms live in NZ im new to this so I am trying to work my way around it.
I have servere chronic chrons disease and I am struggling, I have mutliple bowel surgeries and been suffering for 10 years, I have on all the new drug trials, including renicade, inflexilab, numerous other immune suppressive drugs, to no avail, I can not eat food and have tube that goes into tummy and into my bowel I have a special feed as well does any one else have a feeding tube. One drug that I have had the opportunity to trial is Humera, it work very very well, until I started getting major infections. I have a growth that to be be surgicaly removed and now I am trying to get it healed with no avail, what I want to know if any one managed to get into remmission or what other meds can I look at to try get on top of it

some one please reply

Hi, I'm 36, and have suffered from UC for approx 15yrs now. Generally, it's under control and even flare-ups can be controlled by steroids and a few weeks off work. Not a nice disease tho and totally embarrassing to talk about unless you know someone else that suffers. I'm presently on the max dose of balsalazide and being weaned off steroid enemas - those were an eye opener!! LOL.

So, that's me. how's everyone else?

i have now closed this thread, as new members seem to be posting their introductions in here, rather than in the Your Story forum as requested.

if you have posted your intro here, please repost it in Your Story.

if anyone still has any confusion regarding the Come In And Say Hi thread, please reread the first post above, and all will become clear.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.