• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Products

I was thinking to make an easy forum to show some of the new items on the market for people with ostomies. I have spent hours searching and found some new items, that look pretty neat. I am hoping this forum would allow people to see them and give any input on them, as well as add some new items they found. All to make it easier for us. Please if you have any input it throw it in. Thanks

This was the 1st thing I thought was interesting - Ostomy Armour. I have ordered this product it was $110.00 ish with shipping. I like it since it holds the bag and the wafer tight against the skin, at the same time it protects the stoma. I know I have concerns with my pants rubbing my stoma, so this should prevent it. They also say it also for wearing the wafer longer then 4 days, but not sure if I would do that, since I like to also take good care of the skin.

http://www.ostomyarmor.com/prods.php

This is another product I am looking into, good idea and make senses, but have not heard back after 2 emails. I am wondering price of the system and if the appliances are covered under insurance like my other ones. Has anyone seen this or used this item?

http://www.ostomyezclean.com/index.html

Any other new products I would like to see, always looking to help out in anyway.

Here is a program that I found that works on Itouch and Iphones. It tracks your oral intake as well as your output and pain, so you can find your trigger foods. Free App and works well for us to keep track of our medical condition.

CD Diary - is the name of the app

Ok have gotten my Ostomy Armor and I have to say it is the best thing. Does everything they said it does and if comformable. I would recommend it to anyone with one, well worth the $110.00.

The only thing was it took about 2 12/ weeks to get. When I called them they stated they were slammed, and now I understand why

Jeff, I have to tell you this thing is amazing, well worth the money. I my job I am always moving around and in weird positions and since the few days I have had it VERY comfortable. It really protects the area of the stoma and holds the wafer and bag tightly on the skin.

I would spend the extra 10 and get the back support band. The one BIG plus I found it I can wear my pants in a normal position, since my stoma is right in the waist ban, I was not able to before.

I have over 200 employees and many of them have come up and asked where my appliance is, since they are unable to tell. My wife said even in t-shirts she can not see it - Again well worth the money.

The only time I do not wear it is sleeping. I like the give the cushion time to dry, so I wear a normal convatec belt during the night.

Let me know if you have any questions about it, be more then happy to answer.

Hope you are feeling well and fixed the past issues you were having.

Nyx

http://http://www.colostomymajic.com/

I'm posting this from camping...lol The liners I got are absolutely fantastic!! I'd even be comfortable in a public washroom using these to change. They're easy to use, and I'm loving thge lack of serious cleanup. I highly reccommend them :)

Going to order a box tomorrow and try them out, they may be much easier for me at work and quicker. I was planning to keep a spare bag loaded and then I can just do a speed change and pre load the one I had on. THANK YOU for the suggestion. Hoping I like them as much as you do, will let you know.

After going to the web site www.colostomymajic.com, I placed a call and they were very pleasant. Should have mine in about a week

ONLY thing is they DO NOT accept credit cards at this current time so you need to send him a check.

Last edited:
Jeff has started a thread that had a lot of great information on products and I would refer people to that forum.

Hollister New Image vs Coloplast(I don't know the name)