• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Symptoms - Should I be worried?

Hi guys, background is I'm undiagnosed but my ESR and faecal calprotectin are high.

I don't see a gastro till 25th November. Since coming of steroids I have been getting gradually worse.

Now I've having pretty intense episodes of pain (not controlled by dihydrocodeine and paracetamol) followed by urgency to go to the toilet and passing lots of mucus with a little (not much) blood. I am going about 10 times a day, sometimes just mucus, other times loose. Today I am off work due to this. I also feel like I'm burning up quite a bit at times although I don't know my actual temperature. Often this is through the night too, This week I have had one night of unbroken sleep.

My other new symptoms is passing quite a lot of undigested food. Initially just salad, I mean really coming out the way it went in :eek2: and now vegetables are passing through in whole pieces.

Should I be worried? I have appt at GP on Monday as I kind of knew my pain/diarrhoea was getting worse but these symptoms are new to me.

Thanks!!!

Astra

Hiya lsgs

So sorry you're suffering and still undiagnosed.
If these symptoms are not normal for you then you should ask the GP on Monday to rush an emergency appt through, not wait til November, it's what I would ask for.
Coming off Pred sometimes brings back symptoms.
Hope you get something sorted, be persistant with the GP, don't let him fob you off.
Good luck xxx

Hiya lsgs

So sorry you're suffering and still undiagnosed.
If these symptoms are not normal for you then you should ask the GP on Monday to rush an emergency appt through, not wait til November, it's what I would ask for.
Coming off Pred sometimes brings back symptoms.
Hope you get something sorted, be persistant with the GP, don't let him fob you off.
Good luck xxx
Thanks for the reply! :)

Coming off pred has brought back old symptoms but I've also developed these new ones. I just hope my GP listens :S I feel like they think I'm a hypochondriac.