• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Symptoms??

Hello Everyone!

TMI alert!

So it seems that I may have some new symptoms and I was wondering if anyone else has something like this. For me "normal" is usually one solid poo a day, but recently I will have a day where I am in the bathroom 2-3 times in one day. Then, I will have nothing for several days (like 2 or 3), then another explosion. Like today, I don't think that I kept any food down and I was in the bathroom three times, so I am not real sure how much nutrition I actually got today. I have not changed meds or diet. I do see my GI at the end of the month too. Any help would be great

Thanks all!

GJ

Maybe you should make a call to your doctor's office and let them know what is going on. Let us know how you are.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi yep i agree with Ron call your doc and let them know. You may just have a stomach bug ,but dont ignore any changes to your 'normal'. Better safe than sorry. Best wishes..

I have something similar to that. I have a BM 3 times a day everyday, no diarrhea or constipation, and after a couple of days I feel constipated, but things get sorted out on their own, and I'm back to the 3 BMs per day.

I second seeing your doctor, and I hope it's nothing serious.

Thanks everyone! Still feeling crummy today. I am going to email my doc tonight so that he will see it first thing in the morning. Been eating pretty light and blan today wihout any problems. I am getting ready to take a nap so hopefully a little more sleep might help. Thanks again. Ill keep yall posted on what he says. :)

Well.. not quite the answer I wanted to hear, but I have to go to the clinic tomorrow morning and get a few x-rays done and see my doc. However, I dont have insurance right now because the company I went with is so really behind, so not quite sure how this is going to go. Been feeling better today and I was able to eat without any problems so far. I was also at work for half of the day as well. Thanks yall for the support, Ill keep you updated! :)

Well.. not quite the answer I wanted to hear, but I have to go to the clinic tomorrow morning and get a few x-rays done and see my doc. However, I dont have insurance right now because the company I went with is so really behind, so not quite sure how this is going to go. Been feeling better today and I was able to eat without any problems so far. I was also at work for half of the day as well. Thanks yall for the support, Ill keep you updated! :)
Good to know you're feeling better. Wish you all the best!

Change in plan. My doc wants me to come in for an MRI next week. I did see him today and he did a bunch of lab work. But he thinks that it might be a blockage. Yuck. I hope not!

Me too! He also told me that it is possible that Crohns has caused some nerve damage and that could also be ond of my problems too.

My bowel movements have been like this for over a year - nothing, then everything, then normal, repeat. The doctors I've seen haven't considered it cause for concern, so hopefully yours is fine too? I have to say though, the most frustrating part of hospital/doctor visits is trying to answer the question "how often do you have bowel movements and what consistency are they?" because I always have to start with, "well, you see...".Keep us posted on how you're feeling.

Haha good one hamha! I also heard today that they found traces of blood in my urine sample I gave them yesterday. They were checking my bladder because I had a fistual there when I was first diaganosed. Definatly not what I wanted to hear while at work today.

Haha good one hamha! I also heard today that they found traces of blood in my urine sample I gave them yesterday. They were checking my bladder because I had a fistual there when I was first diaganosed. Definatly not what I wanted to hear while at work today.
Wishing you the best. Let us know.