• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New symptoms

I'm having some new symptoms and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm having pain that begins at around 3pm and worsens until I eventually fall asleep. The pain is on the lower left of my stomach and i can feel the pain through to my back. I would say the pain is a 7 or 8 at its worst. At first I thought it felt like a build up of gas but it has lasted for around 4 weeks now. Symptoms seem to be getting worse. My appetite has dropped in this last week.

there isn't much for organs on the bottom left except bowel and your female/male organs. so I would say some kind of inflammation maybe? Gas pain? Sorry I'm not much help

fuzzy butterfly

Hi sounds like inflamation to me too. Of course it may not be. I do suggest getting in touch with your doc though. Best to get it checked out sooner rather than later. Best wishes 💕

Spoke to doctor today and he is sending me for a double dose of remicade on Tuesday. I'm struggling to eat much at all and the pain is pretty constant. Told me to crack on with codeine and paracetamol to keep the pain in check until Tuesday.

scottsma

Codeine can cause constipation,so try to drink plenty of water.You don't want a blockage on top of everything else.
It also sounds like inflammation to me

Hey there! I have experienced pain in the area you described. It sounds like bowel inflammation or something along those lines. I used to have back pain, but then I spoke to my gastro' and was told that it could be inflammation in my colon. Stay hydrated and I know its hard, but relaxing, laying down, and clearing my head helps me. Sending good thoughts and vibes your way! Hang in there!!