• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to blogging have always hidden my disease

My name is Misty, I am a 38 year old femle and have been living/surviving with Crohn's for longer than I was diagnosed at the age of 21. My story is like so many others, and unique on its own. I have lived a life with unsure days (what if I have a bathroom accident), exteme pain through out my day, stressed the heck out days and the best of all are the days that flood my life which are the glory days. The glory days happen to engulf all of my later daily examples into one glorious day.
My western medical explorations of health improvement started with choises such as prednisone and pentasa which created an unlivable experience for me personally, I was later introduced to Immunosuppressant medicines such as Remicade and Humira that have left me frightened with allergic reactions that have almost cost me my life. At this stage I have been told that I am unique in my treatment success which has been Budesonide at 6-9 mg daily with the assistance of an anti diahreha med Lomotil 1-2 rimes daily. By success I mean no flare ups, I still however have active crohns.

If you have taken the time to read my story, thank you very much, if you have small bowel issues and use cannabis as an aid please share with me your knowledge.

Misty

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Misty
Welcome to the forum
I share your allergy to medications and had reactions with Azathioprine and Remicade....seemed I reacted to whatever they tried and then almost died with anaphylaxis to two antibiotics.
It can be a difficult life at times....however I seem to have a remission for now.
I expect others will soon be along to share their experiences with you
Feel better soon