• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Crohns but not new

Hello everyone, my name is Amanda. I am a 35 year old woman that has dealt stomach issues my entire life. As a teenager I was hospitalized for blockages, never had surgery but was always NPO for a week or two. As a young adult, I always fought with either diarrhea or constipation but I could never understand what it was. Three years ago I had a gastric bypass and I was fine, I went from 260 to 125-130. Last summer I had horrible pain that I had never experienced before. Went to the hospital and I had a serious blockage with a strangulation incisional hernia. My intestines were dying and they thought I would have to have a resection but they made it in just in time to save them. Fast forward three months and I have another blockage and hernia in the same spot. My surgeon just knew I was gonna come out with a colostomy bag but I didn't. She said something was differently wrong with me because my intestines were so inflamed that she had to take pictures to teach with. I was so gassy and nothing worked and although I was not eating, I was still blocked and not even Co-Lyte was working to clear me up. I stayed in the hospital for three weeks, ICU for 8 days and I came out still sick. About 3 months ago things changed, I went from severe constipation to extreme diarrhea. My intestines felt raw and anything other than hot tea burned as it went down. My stomach blowed up like I was 7 months pregnant, so my PCM put me on Pentasa because she said we had to try something until I was able to get back in to see the GI doctor. I had a small bowel follow through and the results was Crohns. It has been a struggle since then just to keep weight on and be able to eat. If I get to 130 I'm happy but I stay around 118-125 now, no matter what I do. They left me on the Pentasa until my biopsy which is tomorrow but I just don't know what to think. Should prepping for a colonscopy be this painful? I first had to take 4 ducolax pills yesterday and today I'm drinking the C0-Lyte but the pills almost sent me to the hospital. My stomach hurts like crazy. Can someone please tell me this wont last forever and what I should expect tomorrow. Sorry if I'm all over the place, I'm so weak and tired from pooping and pain.

When I prepped it was bad going to the bathroom so much and the taste of the prep. I don't remember it being painful though. Is there a doctor you can call about the pain?

When I prepped it was bad going to the bathroom so much and the taste of the prep. I don't remember it being painful though. Is there a doctor you can call about the pain?
It's after hours where I'm at right now. The pain from the pills has subsided but now that I'm drinking Co-Lyte, I'm still in pain but now it feels the liquid is just sitting in my intestines. Maybe I'm in so much pain because I'm always in pain, the only thing that helps is taking 4 Vicodins a day. I just want relief soon. I have had 2 very large surgeries since July and I can't take much more. I haven't felt like myself since my first hernia in July. I'm sure I will never be back to normal but something has to be better than this.