• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Crohn's diagnosis and have questions

Hi...I'm new to this and dont really know where to go or how this works but I was just a few days ago diagnosed with crohns and i had a question about myself is that ok?

Welcome to the club no one wants to be in!ask away but remember always go with your Drs advice and if you don,t understand what there saying make them explain it properly.

I found out at the er after them doing a ct scan...they told me I need to see a gastro Dr...but I dont have insurance so I'm super stressed about that.

Hi becca04
Insurance is going to be your best friend from here on out. You are going to new some sort state assistance. I have probably spent over $300,000.00 the last 7 years between hospital stays, surgeries , specialty treatments, medications, traveling to and from. It's so expensive being sick!! Start questioning the hospital about state help

Look into assistance programs. You don't want to let it go and have more damage happen. You will need to consult with a GI for a treatment plan.

Please look into some assistance programs or try getting insurance if possible. Without it, life would be so much difficult with Crohn's!