• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New To Crohns

Hi guys,

My name is Angad, a 22 year old student at Georgia Tech... I lost a year at Georgia Tech due to this problem. I have tried Humira and Remicade... Gained antibodies to both. Now I've been on methotrexate weekly (for about 4 months) and even that is becoming an issue because I start gaining mouth ulcers and have trouble eating. Due to negative reactions in the past to medications, I don't want to go to Cimzia yet... I want to graduate first (which I will in May) and hopefully take things from there. I really want to get a good job and support myself (and my family) financially.

Life actually became pretty bad. I had to lose a year from college (I was in my senior year)... Had to spend four months in the hospital, with three visits to the ICU... had surgery and have an ileostomy due to large intestine completely being inflammed. My girlfriend's parents refuse to let us be together so she broke up with me and that had an emotional toll on me as well. My mom, dad, brother, and a couple of friends are really all I have left with me... Since most of my friends have graduated. Now, I just want to get my Industrial Engineering degree and have recently returned back to Georgia Tech. I graduate in May and when that happens, I will celebrate like nobody's business because I made it out alive and am (somewhat) healthy now thankfully.

Last year, I spent my parents, brother's, and my birthday in the hospital. This year, I will celebrate with them by going to dinner with them. Life is finally turning out.

HELLO GUYS :D

welcome to the forum
sorry to hear all that has happened

and you have accomplished so much!!!!

My daughter is the one with IBD, but I am her biggest advocate and do a lot of research.

she has had 13 treatments of Remicade, currently seeing a naturalpath and our next stop will hopefully be antibiotics.

If you havent had a chance, look at the anti m.A.P. treatment of 3 antibiotics for Crohns and a more mild version for Ulcerative colitis.

keep us updated on your progess with your treatments and school!!!

sending lots of support your way