• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Crohn's

Hi everyone,

I have been just diagnosed with Crohn's, even thought my tests show I have been suffering for about 6 or 7 years. When I got the diagnosis I was so RELEIVED to finally have an answer that I didn't care what the cause was, just that I finally knew.

Now I am about a month into treatment and kind of overwhelmed with the amount of pills and frequency I have to take them. Anyone else get this feeling when they started on the 4x a day pill regimen? I am used to once a day because of other prescriptions I am on, but this is daunting.

Anyway, I am hoping this forum helps a bit. I am not a "Debbie Downer" type, so I will probably only read or respond to the positive and hopeful threads. If I read too many bad one, my anxiety and depression with most likely flair up, and I don't need that on top of everything else.

Thanks!

scottsma

Welcome to the forum.When you're first diagnosed it can be overwhelming and I think a lot of people find that is so.But hopefully your meds will make you feel better and it will become second nature.We have a "young adults" thread which you might want to have a look at.Keep positive.Lots of people get their symptoms under control and stay in remission for a long time,sometimes years. Fingers x'd. for you.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

It can be overwhelming but you will adjust. Regarding all the meds; check with the pharmacist to see if any or all can be taken all at once. I take all my meds with breakfast.

Sending you my support.

@scottsma - thanks for the advice on the "young adults" thread, but at 31, almost 32, I don't quite fit in over there.

Though reading the TTC and Preggo forums, that definitely had me concerned for when we get to that point.

What's crazy is I didn't even know I was suffering, I just knew something was off. I went through having a scope and lower GI xrays about 3 yrs ago, but the doc at the time didn't make it far enough into my colon and just assumed all was well. Definitely frustrating. At least now I know what's going on and I'm not crazy. Or that my body hates me.

Hi there. Totally understand about not needing anymore stress. You will get used to taking ur meds as time goes on. I was on pills for my crohn's but they didn't work I am now on shot every other week.

Stephy,
Sorry took so long to get back (apparently crohns forum is getting dumped into my spam)

I used to take pentasa (asacol) 4x/day, but got switched to Lialda, which is only daily. Worked for me. If 4x/day is big issue, maybe talk to md....