• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Forum but not Crohns

I joined this forum in February but never posted anything. I am 64 years old and was diagnosed at the age of 16. Have had two resections. Allergic to Sulfa so early on used prednisone to control flare ups. Tried steroidal enemas and other things. tried Humira this spring and it seemed to help the Crohns but was in all other respects horrible. The only problem I have between flare ups (about every two to three years is due to most of large intestine being removed. Always scope out the restroom locations. Used to smoke - quit that 25 years ago; used to drink - quit that 5 years ago; recently gave up coffee and caffeine. So I feel pretty good most of the time. Guess I'm lucky. When I was 16 I thought I wouldn't live past 40. Now I think I'll try for 100 and the Crohns isn't going to stop me.
JLowe

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, welcome to the forum, I'm glad to see you seem to be doing pretty well. I hope things keep going well for you and you can get some much needed support here whenever you need it. Thanks for sharing!