• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum, but not to CD

Hello all!

I'm a 33 year old wife and mom who has had Crohn's for 10+ years.

I had an ileocolic resection in March '03 that failed (tissue was too compromised, and sutures did not hold). After a scary brush with death (massive antibiotic-resistant infection), I was given a temporary ileostomy in April '03. I had it reversed in June '03.

I went into remission on 6-MP until I gave birth to my daughter in August '11. Things have not been great since then, but have gotten significantly worse in the last few months. I'm having a lot of pain and nausea. A recent ER visit revealed elevated lipase level (560).

I was supposed to have a CT scan and u/s today but 2 nurses and 1 doc failed to get an IV in me, even with the assistance of a sonogram. I was notoriously terrible veins. They're minuscule, they roll, collapse and blow easily. All of my hospital stays have necessitated PICC lines. I am very interested in getting a port-a-cath installed in order to make the many blood draws I endure much easier.

Meds: Entocort, Pentasa, Zoloft, Imipramine

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!