• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum.. Hello CD Forum!

Hello,
I'm Catherine, 27 from Alabama. I have two kiddos (4&7), an amazingly supportive husband and a german shepherd pup.
I have not officially been diagnosed (yet) but heres the story:
In August of 2012 I woke in terrible pain that I thought was kidney stones or bladder related (long history there). The next morning I was only worse so I went to an urgent care Dr (she said I did have a minor UTI) and sent me to the ER with possible uterine issue. At the ER they did a CT scan and saw swelling in my ileum and admitted me for 3 days. I was put on what I affectionately call "surgery watch" where I was visited by a Surgeon, General Physician and 2 GI Drs for 2 of the 3 days until the swelling went down and pain was managed. I (being the idiot) did not have insurance so they kicked me out when I responded so well to antibiotics and steroids. I was sent home with prednisone and antibiotics for the UTI. I got better and had bizarre side effects. I went to my follow up with my GI who wanted me to have a colonoscopy to confirm Crohn's, but kept me on prednisone for a totally of 3.5 lovely, bloated, tearfully happy weeks.
I have not been back to the GI, but havent felt the need to see anyone until 3 weeks ago. I am terrified of how bad it may be. I have managed with minor issue once I found my triggering foods (lactose, eggs, onion, bell pepper, water melon). Recently I have discovered I am failing at controlling it with out meds or Drs, and now have depression issues.
Oh, my symptoms are: mod-severe stomach cramps/pain, constipation, minor diarrrhea, fatigue, minor joint pain, rare but mod-severe lower abdominal pain, occasional nausea, and headaches.
So sorry for my longgggg story, but there it is.

dave13

Forum Monitor
I am recently,11-13,diagnosed with crohns. I joined this forum today and find reading about others and how they cope gives me hope and helps when I feel low. I see myself in many stories and know I'm not alone and that gives me hope. I am recovering from surgery and have alot of time to think and have to sometime work at staying positive. You're not alone. I do feel somewhat overwhelmed as I start to learn about crohns and continue on with life. It's all new and I have alot to learn. Long winded way of saying researching this forum may help with your depression by helping you find answers.

Thank you Dave!
I am realizing that grief is ok but I havent been accepting so I can move forward. I guess I have been in my own pity party for the last few weeks. I am feeling better knowing that I may be alone in this house but there are so many people out there who understand completely! I have been reading others stories, struggles and triumphs, its giving me a lot of hope.