• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New To forum - looking for other triathletes

I have been browsing this forum for a while and finally decided to join. I have found an immense amount of information on this website. I was diagnosed three years ago after not recovering from a virus I caught on a cruise ship and it took me a year to convince my doctor that something wasn't right. My problems have always been where the small meets the large intestine. I started on pentasa, then Imuran, and now humira for almost a year. I recently became sick again but they couldn't find inflammation so my gi said it was IBS (after yet another colonoscopy). I live (in my spare time) for triathlons and normally train quite a bit. I've been hospitalized for flares three times (five days each) for steroids via IV and normally go back to training within a week. For the first time, I have been:so exhausted that I have not been able to do running, swimming, or strength training or biking for almost eight weeks. I am going crazy and my doctor sent me to see a councillor as I was on the road to depression. I cannot get over feeling so tired...I have two elementary school kids and luckily my work has been very accommodating. What can cause this tiredness and how do I make it go away????