• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum not to Crohn's

Hi!
My name is Jessica and I have crohn's. I had a total colectomy in 2008. I almost died. My disease is unresponsive to medication. I have had serious allergic reactions remicade, humira, 6MP caused pancreatitis, azothiapin, and I recently have not responded to methotrexate. I have been struggling with a new flare since December 2010 and cannot get back into remission.
I'm frustrated because I have to continue to take toxic medications that are not helping my disease.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum Jessica!

I am sorry for all your troubles and frustrations the past few years with Crohn's. You will find many people on this forum who have similar frustrations as well as people who have found ways to help manage their condition (both medical and non-medical treatments and strategies).

I hope you will find the forum useful and maybe even find some treatment alternatives that can be incorporated to make your condition more managable. At the very least I promise you will find others who understand the frustration you are experiencing!

Take care and hope to see you around!

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Jessica!

I'm sorry to hear what you've been through. :( It sounds like a terrible and very frustrating situation. Have you considered trying a diet to help with your condition? Does your GI have any ideas of what you could try?

:hug: I hope things get better for you soon, Jessica.