• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum ...old to Crohns

Hi all,
Was dx this year, but I have battled GI issues for about 20 years..always misdiagnosed. :(
I had a small bowel resection about 3 months ago and have never recovered. My GI doc has tried everything from Pentasa to Proboitics...nothing has helped. He wants to start me on Humira but on Friday, I have a CT scan scheduled. What is with the lower back pain? Could it be another fistula? Im in RN school so I should know this but it is excruciating...what are they looking for with a CT?? Oh and what are the normal side effects of Humira? Ive read about it but wanted to know some common ones.
Thanks for reading...looking forward to meeting new friends.

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum.I can't help as I have U.C. and not Crohns,but someone will be along soon to offer you advice.You're on THE best forum for help and support.You won't find a better bunch of people anywhere.Best wishes and I hope you start to feel better soon.

Welcome divergirl. I have terrible low back pain as well, seems to be a common theme among those with crohns and I don't know why. I have gotten painmeds from my dr. to help with this pain and all the jointpain as well. There are many good threads on here addressing the Humira and other meds they may put you on. Check out the main forum page and just click on the threads about meds and so on. So many have great advice and info. God bless hon!:)

I also have terrible back pain and am wondering if it's from the inflammation in my bowels or from arthritis or??? I told my GI I was having the back pain and he told me we would monitor it and talk ab it at my next appntmnt which basically means he doesn't know what or why and doesn't wanna give me narcotics I think...

I also have terrible back pain and am wondering if it's from the inflammation in my bowels or from arthritis or??? I told my GI I was having the back pain and he told me we would monitor it and talk ab it at my next appntmnt which basically means he doesn't know what or why and doesn't wanna give me narcotics I think...
i Had back surgery in my lower back in 1999 and I have scar tissue that causes some of mine. But this pain I get now is different and up a little higher and it is very painful to try and stand in one spot. My PCP gave me oxycodone to help with it and all the arthritis I have eslewhere. I have a great Dr. and it took me awhile to find one that seem's to understand. I go to him now and will continue as long as he's there.:)

I'm beginning to question my doctor and thinking it may be a good idea for me to look elsewhere. I have terrible back, hip, and neck pain some of the pains feel quite familiar as I have been living w/ back and neck pain for a good while but they have really intensified and spread to my left hip(all of these pains seem to be on my left side) but I can't really get my doctor to pay attention to anything besides my guts. when I tell him my back hurts I get the dumbass question, " on a scale of 1-10, how bad is the pain?" I say it stays between 8-10 right now I'd call it a 9. he says interesting, take Tylenol "we'll monitor it". Well I've been monitoring it and I'd say Tylenol still does nothing and I'm only sleeping 2 hours at time bc of it. so call the office tell them I can't sleep have the back pain also been having a feeling like something is stuck in my throat. nurse calls back and says could be the entocort so stop taking it. But it's the only thing they have given me that has made me feel remotely better so I told her no im not gonna stop taking it and she needs to have the damn doctor call me back....still waiting on that call
I'm glad u got a good doc! tho they seem to be few and far between