• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum

new to forum

Hi everyone,

I've been diagnosed with Crohn's since 1995. I've had one resection and have been doing well ever since. About three months ago, my symptoms worsened and I started taking Humira. Things seemed better until today. This is the first time I've ever needed to call into work due to pain. So, I figure that I would pop in and see what everyone is talking about on the forum.

Cheers!

Joey

Thanks for the welcome. I'm hanging in there, listening to my wife and kid watch Tangled. I don't quite feel up to joining in. I'll see my GI on Thursday, but right now it seems like forever away.

Angrybird

Hello Joey and :welcome: to the forum. Sorry to hear you are not feeling so good, I am pleased that you will soon be seeing the GI so this can be checked into (although yes I do agree that even a day away can seem a lifetime when feeling bad). I will keep my fingers crossed that you can soon be feeling better again.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Joey and welcome :) I'm glad you found your way here but I'm sorry to hear about your worsening symptoms. If you'd care to share, what symptoms are you experiencing and what specific area of your intestines did you have removed?

I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for all the welcoming notes. It turned out that I saw my doctor much sooner. The night of my first post, I was admitted to the hospital. The doctors are leaning towards another resection. Then, because of this, my insurance company will have to approve Remicaide. Hopefully!