• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New To Forum

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease when I was 13 years old, after having persistent diarrhea for about a year. After many tests and ultimately a colonoscopy the diagnoses was made. Since then I've been taking Pentasa regularly and Prednisone during a couple of flare-ups. I also take the following supplements; iron, calcium and vitamin D. No one else in my family has Crohn's disease. I was very fortunate to grow up in a small, isolated, outport community on the island province of Newfoundland, Canada. After graduating high school last year I moved to the capital city to attend university, studying business administration. I've been suffering from D ever since I was diagnosed over six years ago, only easing up a little last year when I finally entered remission. I'm learning to live with my disease and not allowing it to control my life. I look forward to participating in this forum and getting to know you all! :)

:)Welcome Jshep!
There are alot of great people on here that can help you in so many ways. Glad you decided to join us! If there are any questions you have, just go to the main forum page and look at all the subjects and threads to look up. There is so much great info in there and alot of knowledge from people that know much more than I do.Feel free to start your own thread if you want! Glad to meet you! Teresa(723crossroads):)