• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum

I don't know if this is right place to post this but here goes. I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 17 years old (I am now 54 years old). I, thankfully, either do not have a severe case of the disease or it is in remission (not sure if that is possible). I was never on Remicade or Humira but did take 6-MP for a year or so. I have been symptom free for a number of years now (my stool is always loose) but no cramping, severe weight loss, etc. I read a book that I picked up at a health food store called "Patient, Heal Thyself" by Jordan Rubin. I took the supplements he recommended for a couple of years and now find myself symptom free. Again, I don't know if I am lucky and have a mild case or if my lack of symptoms is due to the supplements suggested in the book. If nothing else, I would consider giving it a try!