• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forums

Hello all, just started using this forum. Am on my second hospital stay in two months with three trips to the ER in between. Diagnosed in 1994 with Colitis, then diagnosed changed to Crohns. Had the disease under control for many years with Asacol and diet modifications and occasional use of prednisone. Latest flare not controlled by anything! Tried prednisone first, then Remicade, then methotrexate, everything seemed to make it worse. Now I am in the hospital because of high fevers. So far they have found one cause of the fevers, a recto-vaginal fissure. Dr. is concerned there may be other fissures or "leakage". Am on three different antibiotics and 90mg of prednisone. Looks like surgery is inevitable, the question is when and what all with be repaired/removed. I hope they take the colon, I am so sick of it!!!!! Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, I look forward to learning more as I get to know this forum.

Miss Stitch
Currently stuck in hospital, on lots of drugs, but none that counteract the sleeplessness associated with being on 90 mg of prednisone!

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum.I was dx'd with UC in 2006 but so far have been VERY lucky and kept it more or less under control with Asacol.I'm sorry yours has advanced further and you find yourself in hospital.This is THE best forum to belong to.Lots of support,advice,a shoulder to cry on when needed and also to vent your frustration.Nothing is taboo or embarrassing,and we sometimes manage a laugh or two.Please keep us updated and I hope you're on the mend soon.