• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to having crohns

Hello everyone! This is my first post and just looking to get a little advise and information....

Here is my story.
I am 3 months post partum but when I was 5 months pregnant I began to have blood in my stool and was told it was very normal and was percribed rectal rockets for hemorrhoids, unfortunately I was misdiagnosed and I had a fissure and the suppositories ripped it open. I went to a GI and was percribed diltiazem which seemed to help until I gave birth.

I was just recently referred to as surgeon and I still have a very painful fissure with 2 large skin tags. I just did a colonoscapy today and was notified that I have crohns and that I have surgery booked to remove the tags and steriod injections to heal the fissure.

Has anyone had this surgery? And what kind of life style changes are going to have to happen because of the crohns???

Thanks

I haven't had tags removed in surgery but I have had other surgery for Crohns. You should probably keep a food diary to see what foods irritate your system. You will have to be on some type of medicine the rest of your life. Please let us know how you are doing.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully you won't be one of the ones who's life is greatly affected by Crohns. Many of us live a full and normal life from day to day with just a flareup to deal with once in a while. I had major problems years ago (no surgeries tho) but have been In remission for most of the last 10 years. Managing well on Methotrexate injections weekly. I Suffer some side effects of the meds but am grateful for my everyday life being largely good. I wish the same for you!

Sometimes , it includes bleeding, weight loss, nausea and diarrhea. Different people can have different symptoms

Yes for me it's 15-20 bouts of diarrheal/day, pain and bloating, bleeding and then a course of steroids to settle it down. I have lots of trouble weaning off steroids so do my best to stay clear of them.

Scipio

A flare usually entails a serious recurrence and/or worsening of your symptoms, whatever those might be - usually pain, diarrhea, and bleeding. For me a flare is all about internal bleeding and resultant severe anemia. My Crohn's produces only moderate pain and no diarrhea, but I do lose blood through the small bowel. So for me a flare is a big return of the bleeding.

Well just had my first appointment and it turns out I am in a flare up. I have 3 fissures that are the most painful thing ever and have ulcers in my mouth and my small intestine has ulcers. This is not awesome. Can't wait to have surgery on my fissures to get some relief.

Well just had my first appointment and it turns out I am in a flare up. I have 3 fissures that are the most painful thing ever and have ulcers in my mouth and my small intestine has ulcers. This is not awesome. Can't wait to have surgery on my fissures to get some relief.
Support being sent.

Welcome! It's a frustrating disease for sure. I've had CD for 23 years, was diagnosed after I delivered my little girl. Lost a lot of weight, stomach pain, diarrhea, etc. I feel very blessed to have worked FT and never had surgery but I do take 6MP 100 mg per day. If I miss one dose, I feel it. I occasionally flare about 1 to 2 times per year which require steroids. Unfortunately, it's a lifetime battle. Best Wishes to you.

So I just had my Surgery today. I had My anal fissures injected with steriods and my anal tags removed. So far not any worse pain then my fissures a little more pressure. I am just preying my tummy doesn't act up.

So I just had my Surgery today. I had My anal fissures injected with steriods and my anal tags removed. So far not any worse pain then my fissures a little more pressure. I am just preying my tummy doesn't act up.
I hope you continue doing good.