• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to here and need advice please

Hi all,

My name is Paul and I have been suffering from an undiagnosed illness for 8 & half years. Through this time I have had various tests and symptoms that have driven me to the edge!!

Currently my symptoms are as follows from head to toe.
-Constant sore throat with ulcers
-contant nausea
-constant phlegm - worse when lying down
-Abdominal pains - worse when lying down
-Stomach pains
-chest pains
-Numbness and tingling in hands
-numbness and pain in left leg from buttocks to feet
-general feeling of being unwell and run down

I have recently been back to the hospital for further tests and they are going to do a Colonoscopy to check for IBD and mentioned Crohn's - I have had a Colonoscopy before but all that was found was inflammation.

I wondered if my above symptoms sound similar to any on here who has been diagnosed and could help me in any way.

Kind regards,
Paul

Hi, are they going to do an Upper GI Endoscopy at the same time? Sounds like you have some upper things going on also. If not, I would request they do them at the same time while your already sedated.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I don't think they are doing an Upper GI Endoscopy at the same time as far as i'm aware.

The inflammation was just that they said my bowels showed inflammation and other tests I've had done have shown the same but they just seem to brush it off as nothing!!

the annoying thing about diagnosis is that crohns instn allways a constant thing... i had this trouble with an endoscopy .. it didn't show alot of inflammation at all.. because i was in remission and was pretty good.. i had a camera through my belly button and that picked it up. its a long process... GOOD LUCK :)