• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New To Here

Good Afternoon Everyone, new to this, was diagnosed in February with Colonic and Perianal Crohn's. At the moment not on any medication apart from antibiotics for the abscess I have at the moment, wondering if anyone else has been in similar situation and could give me any insight, thank you.:)

nogutsnoglory

Yes, unfortunately antibiotics aren't very helpful unless the abscess is superficial on the skin. If the antibiotic doesn't work you may need your doctor to lance it for you.

Welcome to the forum. One theory is that Crohns is caused from bacteria, so the right antibiotics could help with your other symptoms. Hope it helps and the lancing sounds like a good idea.

Probiotics are a good idea too (taken at least 2 hours after the antibiotics)

If you havent had a chance to consider diet changes, the elimination diet is a good way to go. Eliminate all wheat and dairy to start with. Brown rice, organic chicken and cooked/steamed vegetables are a place to start. (Our daughters symptoms almost disappeared overnight with this diet) I can tell you more if interested. My daughters are currently seeing a Naturalpath and also getting some good vitamins/minerals and herbs as well.

Everyone is different and some of the big guns: Prednisone, Remicade or the Mesalamine enemas might be necessary at this time.

Let us know if we can help. A private message is fine too.