• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to remi

new to remi

so i was admitted to the hospital after not eating for four days and when i did i came out one or the other end. so my dr put me on remicade and i got my first one last night. what should i expect? am i going to be sick the next few days or should i be fine? they gave me phenegran and my viens are killing me.other than that, my hand joints hurt and i have some lower back pain but overall feeling ok. i am off iv pain meds and take them orally now. so just wanted to see what to expect, im a little scared of new things!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I had really no noticeable side effects from my first remicade - expect for feeling better!

Hope it works for you - any idea how long they expect to keep you in? Feel better soon!

kiny

Remi is awesome. They administer it in a big room in the hospital here, you can see smiles on people's faces just by looking at them. It works fast and it really helps.

I hope it worked well, it was great for Brandon, 5 days later hes in complete remission, with a few anoying side effects. Let us know how you got on.
Trina