• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to support group

Hello, it is a pleasure to meet new support group members and their families. My life with crohns disease has been overwhelming to say the least. After many years of failure I have gotten to a more stabilized position requiring less doctor visits. However this endeavor of taking on this disease is very tiring and has left me with much fatigue. Through this support group I hope to gain a new perspective on dealing with stress management, learning coping methods, and understanding how to deal with fatigue as well as strategies on understanding how a restricted diet is recommended for overstressed or very sick people. After many years of medication management I realized I needed to make revisions and I made some serious changes. Some of these changes included a healthier more manageable diet by this I mean more fruits and vegetables and less fattening foods. With a better diet and more rest I have found the only thing holding me back is fatigue. Trying to be there for people and tell others and loved ones after so many years of trauma and stress that I am reliable and there for others without my health holding others and myself back is an painsworthy task. However, with dedication and perserverance I have found that some techniques to conquer crohns disease are too important not to share with others. By sharing what I have learned and by also getting questions answered by others I feel this support group will be a reliable tool on my journey with crohns and colitis. Thank you for reading my introduction and I look forward to writing to others on this forum. With gratitude, Diana

Welcome. I am sorry that you have this disease but you have found a good place to come. You might ask about iron and b12 to help with the fatigue.

cmack

Staff member
Hi Diana,

Welcome. I agree with Ron. I need to take vitamins B12, D3 and get my iron in or I get very fatigued. I manage this through diet and supplements, some people need infusions or injections of these essential vitamins. There is hope, you have found a very pleasant place to come and befriend those who understand. You can pm me any time. :)

Welcome again, your new teammate,

cmack