• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the diagnosis.

My journey to this diagnosis was absolutely horrible. Wound up in the hospital for 12 days, felt like a guinea pig with all the doctors checking me out everyday. Not a lot of information given. Discharged with a PICC line, couldn't eat for 3 months. A gastroenterologist that did nothing to alleviate any of my fears. A surgeon that thought she was going to put me into surgery without being given a diagnosis or the type of surgery or any inkling that I needed it and found out when I was objective to it treated me like I was a big waste of her time. Plus the gastroenterologist also was pushing just one type of medication called Remicade without giving me any other options. It is now November with a new doctor that I feel treats me like a person/patient instead of a case or money in his pocket. My first treatment is scheduled for this Friday with Humira treatment. I probably missed a lot of details but that is the short version of what I have been going through since the diagnosis. I have been to the hospital for a blockage a couple of weeks ago and was put on Prednisone for the time being. I have the constipated type of Crohns, always has had trouble going ever since I can remember.

The one thing that I would like to do hopefully after treatment and feeling a little better is to get back to dancing. I miss it soo very much. Also to exercise and lose this excess weight that I have been trying to lose for years since my son was born.

I am scared of taking either of the two meds because I grew up with having a lot of infections and I am prone to them but really don't have an immuno problem. I am afraid that I will seriously sick or even die from an infection.

Scared, confused, worried.

I also want to know peoples views on medical marijuana. I have read some articles that it helps with inflammation.

:sign0085:
:depressed::sign0144:

Hello flower,don,t stress about the Meds the leaflets in them are of the cover your back variety you no doubt get lots of bloods done they,ll pick up any probs.try to remember good news is no news it does get better.glad you,be found a better doctor but don,t be shy about giving them some attitude adjustment when req,d they are the hired help.my gi was an ignorant git at the start.be wary of doc google,this forum is pretty good for advice,support a rant when you need it.exercise seems to help don,t know why just does so go dancing Just be careful.It gets better.good luck

softestflower....I know the feeling...you just want to live your life and you cant do the simplest of things with out worrying.....I just did my first post a few minutes ago in the your story section I believe...I took humira and remicade...they are pretty standard....I tried humira for a about 5 months, and then remicade. I gave up after a year...I hope it works for you...do not be scared of the needle from the humira....from what I remember it is a quick pinch then I remember it kinda feeling warm I believe...count to ten and you will be all good... I always did mine in the leg....just do your best to think positive....try not to let people get to you....they do not get it....they don't understand....hopefully you have a few close to you who will be there for you if not already.....good luck

I am very lucky to have one special person there for me through this difficult time. He has helped me deal with doctors and is even getting trained with me to do the injections. Thanks cbiddle79. Good luck to you as well.