• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum; Pains when breathing from Diaphragm

Hi all,

I'm new to the site! Quick run-down of my history;

-Diagnosed with Chronic Crohn's Disease October 2012
-Various medications; Infliximab, Mesalazine, Prednisolone, until April 2013
-Laparscopic Right Hemi-collectomy and small bowel resection April 2013
-No Medication since surgery in April.

Current complaints; Flare-up, tightness in throat (feels like I have an obstruction) pain in diaphragm when breathing - really painful, contemplating attending A&E if it persists. Unbelievable fatigue.

Came across the site whilst looking for advice on the above, so I registered as I feel it could be an invaluable resource.

thanks.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Nathaniel and welcome to the forum! :D

I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing well. Generally on the forum if someone is wondering if they should go to the hospital for emergency care then they probably should. If you feel that you might have an obstruction then I wouldn't chance it. I had one in June and had pain for many hours before I finally decided to go. Once I got there I finally started having more telltale signs of an obstruction (vomiting and fever) but I don't think its necessary for things to get worse before you decide to go. I remember that it felt like my abdomen was burning/on fire inside and I was bloated to the point where it was pushing on my spine a lot causing a lot of back pain. I'm sure everyone's symptoms are different though.

I'm curious as to why you didn't go on medication following surgery to help maintain remission. But answering this can wait if you need to go to the hospital. Some time has passed since you posted. Did you go to the hospital? Are you feeling better or worse or the same? Keep us posted. :ghug:

Number 1 go to the doctor,sounds like reflux it seems to go with crohns.i,ve been on lansoprazole for well over a year (antacid)really helps.good luck

Wow Nathaniel it's like ur writing a book on my symptoms right now I have horrible indigestion which is making it hard to breathe, making my throat feel right, and my upper abdomen is rumbling like crazy!!!!! I have a duodenal ulcer right now which may be explaining a lil bit if it but I don't know? I would try prilosec otc. 2 pills a day 20mg a piece so 40mg a day one in the am and one in the pm stick with them for a while it takes a while to work