• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the Forum, saying Hi!

Hey everyone!

My name is Brad, I am currently 26 years old, I live in NYC and I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 7/2014. It was discovered when I was in the hospital for my appendix bursting. Come to find out, it was a perforated burst caused by Crohn's.

From the start, my GI started me on Humira, 40mg injections bi-weekly. I respond pretty well to the injections I would say, I didn't feel myself getting any worse so it's got to help. After about a year I went for another CT Scan (9/2015), in which my GI told me I have an "aggressive case". Ileum is swollen a little over 3 inches. It's given me anxiety/panic attacks, come to find out most of them were just being too pressurized with gas.

Recently I've been getting lightheaded, I read around here that it could be a few things (anemia, low blood pressure, etc.) so I need to look into that soon.

Feel free to say hi, I'm looking forward to sharing and receiving knowledge!

Welcome to the group. If it is low blood pressure, bananas might help. You should also tell your doctor. Since your doctor said you have an agressive case, has he said you need to switch to another biologic? Wishing you the best.

Welcome to the group. If it is low blood pressure, bananas might help. You should also tell your doctor. Since your doctor said you have an agressive case, has he said you need to switch to another biologic? Wishing you the best.

He wants to see how things progress until mid year, if things get worse I'll either bump my injections to once weekly or move into infusions. I'm hoping it doesn't get that far though. I'll look into the bananas and see if there's a difference, thanks for the pointer!

Hi brad
Welcome , sorry your not in a great place at the minute , I hope you feel better soon , here if you want to talk to some one , no matter how small the issue , sometimes it helps xx