• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum

I chose warrior as my screenname,because thats what my friends and family call me..I've had numerous surgeries from mild to severe,I've had aprox.100' of intestine removed over the years. I'm currently in remission with the help of HUMIRA,but I've lost a lot in life.Just recently I broke up with a 12yr girlfriend because i felt that i was holding her back from living a full life.I also lost my job,and had to go on ssd,Pretty tough going from 40,000 a year to 14,lots of adjustments had to be made.I'm looking forward to being a part of the forum, and hopefully chatting with a lot of you.THANKS,P.S.65 stands for the year i was born,not my age..lol

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time, but happy to hear your friends call you warrior so you must be a tough cookie and handle things well considering! I too have had to go on ssd, and understand the difficulty and adjustments that come along with it. You are definitely in the right place to chat with lots of others in your shoes, vent away, and get some great advice when you need it though. I hope your remission is long lasting and you can begin to get the life you want back soon!