• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum

Hi, I just found this forum and knew I should join. I was diagnosed with crohns in spring of 2009, I suffered with severe stomach pains for roughly a year prior. I was allergic to azothiprine and went on entocort until starting Humira. I have been on Humira for almost 5 years and have felt so fortunate that I had this disease but had minimal problems. I recently had a major change, I had side pain which I thought was an ovarian cyst since my pain was so centralized. I ended up in the hospital for over a week I had an abscess and needed to have a resection, removing about 19cm of my ileum and cecum. This was overwhelming as I thought I was relatively healthy. So I go to my GI tomorrow to start Cimzia and I've been reading many reviews and I'm freaking out. I know it's similar to Humira and maybe I didn't read as much, but I have mixed emotions. I look forward to hearing any advice on the drug.

Trista

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, welcome to the forum

Im sorry to hear of your recent difficulties, many of us hear share the worry about what some drugs can do to us, but remember, they have to be relatively safe or they wouldnt be licensed. As you've just found, crohns is sneaky, and it needs correct management to keep it under control. You'll find lots of support here, so if you need a rant or a shoulder to cry on, we're here, and we'll all be cheering for you when you find the treatment that gets you into remission and keeps you there.