• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum

Hello everybody, I'm TPrice and I've had crohns for close to five years now. Basically my story is that I started to develop symptoms in January of 2009 and they were progressively getting worse, but I was not familiar with crohns so I couldn't put the pieces of the puzzle together and my doctor at the time was not taking me seriously. At one point he wanted to send me to a new age healing facility. I decided to switch doctors who immediately sent me to the hospital. There I was diagnosed with crohns after being in the hospital for a week. When I was finally diagnosed I weighed 96 pounds at the age of 16. I was put on prendisone and 6-MP but was still bedridden for months until I started on Remicadee. Now I'm mostly symptom free aside for an occasional flareup.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello TPrice
Welcome to the forum.
It is good to hear you are greatly improved after a bad start.
What a good thing you did by changing doctors.
Hope you continue to improve and achieve a remission.
Thank you for posting good news.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Hello and welcome to forum you definitely came to the right place there's lots of support, advice and information on here so don't hesitate to ask. Glad your feeling better.