• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the Forum!

Hey Everyone! I was diagnosed in the Summer of 2011 after having pain in the left lower part of my stomach. Catscan showed an inflamed bowel. Pentasa, Lialda, Cipro, nothing worked. I just recently went through my most serious flare up. After going to the ER and having an X-ray & a catscan done, the doctors found a fistula & an abscess in my ileum. They also found that my disease has started to attack my colon! I was on IV Flagyl & Levaquin and oral Bentyl and Prednisone. I received my flu & pneumonia shots and will be getting the shingles vaccine on Nov. 18th to prep me for biologic therapy (humira or entyvio). I'm a teacher, a graduate student and am planning my wedding; stress is a major problem for me! Does anyone have any advice for me! Thanks! Peace & love ✌🏻❤

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome,
Sorry you've joined the club.
Sending you my support and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Thank you so much! Not super excited about joining the club, but I'm ecstatic to be amongst those who understand and support! Peace & love ✌🏻❤

Hi BrigidDudz.
You are among people who understand and sympathize with what you are going through.
Hopefully the biologics will work well for you.
Stress can be a big issue. Try to avoid it as much as possible and get plenty of good sleep, exercise and nutrition. Try to stick with a daily routine that works for you. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time. Prepare your own meals rather than restaurant food and nourish your soul.
Good luck