• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the Forum

Hello All: At the age of 32, I was diagnosed with Crohn's in late 2005 after having been told I had colon cancer and having an emergency resection. I was at first relieved and grateful to not have cancer - since then I have sometimes wondered if it would have been easier had it been cancer and not Crohn's. I started out on Immuran, about 6 months later added Remicade to the mix. I was experiencing too many side effects with the Remicade and have recently started on Humira. I am grateful to have found this forum as I often feel isolated and misunderstood even by those closest to me. I hope to get know many of you!

Having gotten out all the depressing stuff - I am now 37, married, no kids. I am a paralegal by day and a cake decorator and decorating instructor in the evenings and on weekends. I live in Calgary, Alberta.

Thanks for listening

:ycool:

Welcome sugarbuzz :)

I understand the cancer thing. When I was diagnosed it ocurred to me that perhaps that would be better because often they can get rid of it! However, that said a lot of people die of cancer and not so much with crohns so maybe we ARE lucky?

It's good to hear that you have Crohns and are so busy - gives me hope to gte some energy levels going so I can do more!

Welcome once more - glad to have you with us - like your nickname too :)

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Calgary represent!

Officially diagnosed in 1989. Same deal: Emergency resection. Colon cancer claimed my dad and maternal grandfather (so I hear where you're coming from).