• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New To The Forums

Hey everyone, my name is David and I live in Cleveland. I'm 28 years old and I've been diagnosed with Crohn's since 2001. I was 17 at the time, and I tried to donate blood on 9/11, only to find out I was anemic. I had some stomach pains a times, but disregarded them as something was wrong with my diet. I went to the doctor, and he was able to connect the dots. Shortly after a bunch of tests, my diagnosis was confirmed. I used to take a cocktail of about 24 pills a day, ranging from Asacol, 6MP, and Prednisone. I then transitioned to Remicade only for a few years. Eventually, I built p a reaction to Remicade, and I've now been on Humira, 1x every other week for a few years.

I've fortunately had no surgeries (yet), but my small intestine is narrowing, and my GI Dr says an obstruction will eventually happen, which ultimately means surgery. I have drastically improved my diet since this summer, basically eliminating all alcohol and carbonated beverages. I only drink water and protein shakes after exercise. I'm doing ok, but I still have my moments. I'm eager to be a contributing member of this community, and I'm lad a stumbled upon the site.

SarahBear

Hi, David! Welcome to the forum! We're glad you've found us!

Was the only symptom you had before diagnosis stomach pains?

You might be interested in checking out the Humira subform of the treatment forum, found here. How are you feeling now? Do you know what is causing your small intestine to narrow?

:hug:

Angrybird

Hello David and welcome to the forum :)

I was wondering if the narrowing is now down to scar tissue? What symptoms do you still get and how often do they occur?

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hey David and welcome to the community :) Like my friends above, I'm curious about your narrowing as well. Have they tried to determine if it is scar tissue or due to active inflammation?

It's great to have you here!