• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the group, but not to Crohn's...

5+ years ago I awoke from a nap with cramps in my abdomen. The next 2 days it swelled up to the size of someone at the end of their first trimester of pregnancy. I didn't know that kind of pain was possible. The pain crescendo(ed) all the way through the second night and then...subito piano (suddenly quiet) ((music major)). I just thought I had a case of hellish diarrhea, but it happened four more times over the next year...the fourth being an ER visit due to anal bleeding and nearly passing out from the pain.

I rarely have flares now...I eventually learned to stay away from cow products (mainly hamburger) and high-fat foods AND, I discovered this sitting position that I go to when I feel a flare coming. The feeling usually passes within 20 minutes. Weird I know! I thank God that something helps.

For the last 4 years, I've had chronic diarrhea or very loose stool and have had EXTREME urgency...like, 25-seconds-to-find-a-toilet urgent. I lost count of the times I've crapped my pants and I have LOTS of crazy stories in public situations...got caught pooing in a urinal once. LOL. Poor guy had to see that.

Anyways, glad to be here.

Currently have been on Humira for 3 months but it's not doing anything it seems. Tried Lialda, sulfa, TSO parasites (study), pred, a bunch of weird alternative things that were expensive...I've probably spent over 10K in the past 5 years on "remedies". I'm interested in Cannibis, but my doctor is "old school". I'll check out the forums on that.

I pray for healing to you all.

Hi there, Welcome to the forum! I am undiagnosed at the moment so won't be much help :(

I currently use MJ to help my symptoms. It gives me appetite, stops the nausea and decreases my bathroom trips. Hubby didn't believe it till I was out for a week and was in the bathroom like 10 times a day and in sooo much pain that the T3s the doc gave me wouldn't help. I got some and 2 days later I was in considerably less pain and bathroom trips were back to 1-3 poops a day. My family doc has even said that if I didn't use MJ I would probably be quite a bit sicker. The forums have lots of info on MMJ, I have read quite a bit on there. Hope you can get some relief soon!