• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the group.

I am 40 years old and have had crohns since I was 17. I tend to be very private and have never been part of a support group. I would like to give it a try and I think it could be very helpful. I have taken prednisone since I was 17 and even though different medications have helped have not been able to stop the steriods. I am currently starting Entyvio and am very hopeful that I may be able to achieve remission and stop the steroids. I always try to remain optimistic but there are times I get discouraged.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.
Glad you decided to give it a try. I've found so many great people here that understand what it's like to live with this disease.

Honey

Staff member
Hi there and welcome,
I did not feel a support group would help , but I discovered it has been invaluable. It is good to share your story and difficulties with those who understand because they are experiencing those too. I too, am on Prednisolone just now but have been on other meds that did not work. I was on Remicade infusions which helped until I had to come off, but am well just now. We are each individuals in our illness and response to meds too. I hope you are well just now and doing o.k. Best wishes.:
:welcome: