• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the site and have questions.

Hello my names Ahmed and i've had crohn's for about two years (can't recount when I was diagnosed exactly). I've been having lower backpains and difficulty trying to gain weight. I read a few things on this forum pertaining to my issues and have gotten protein shakes to try and jumbstart the weight gain (lifetime life basics plant based protein) and been stretching to try and quash the backpains; I'm open to any advice and my goal is to try and get control of my crohn's.

Medication(s): 8 tablets a day of Asacol EC 400 MG; soon to be on 4 capsules a day of Apriso ER .375 gram (this is due to insurance).|

Current Weight: 125

Hi AhmedAl. Welcome to the forum. The change from asacol to Apriso may be due to: Asacol 400 has been discontinued. There is a tread talking about that in the forum. There are some liquid formulas that will help with nutrition, like ENSURE. I am sure somebody will post other names. Is your Crohn's in remission right know? Have you told your Doctor about your back pain? It can be related to Crohn's. Some people get pain when they are in a flare. You will find a lot of information and support in here.

Thanks for your feedback araceli. As far as speaking to a doctor pertaining to my back I have an appointment this friday. Also i've switched my mixture to "Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60" --- the fellow at the local GNC said that isolate (protein) is what I need to gain the weight/muscle. I'll keep this forum up to date as far as my weight is concerned, maybe it'll help someone with the same issues.
Best regards,
Ahmed

Good luck with your appointment. Let us know how it goes. There is the Diet, Fitness and Supplements Forum, you may want to take a look there. I am going to ask my older son about a good protein, He is into exercise and getting big, he usually buys his thru the internet, He says is better price and quality than any store.