• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this forum.

Hi everyone my name is Melinda I am 31 years old and I got diagnosed with Crohn's disease when I was 13 years old. I have had several bowel resections and at the age of 22 I got an Ileostomy and I have had it for 10 years now. I have had complications with the Ileostomy having it moved several times. I've been on many different medications such as Imuran,Remicade,Pentasa, Prednisone and many others I can't think of right now. I have had to do nasogastric tube feedings at night and I have had Picc lines put in and did TPN at home overnight several times now due to weight loss and dehydration issues. I have been in and out of the hospital many times over the years and have had several bowel obstructions as well. I'm married to a wonderful, supportive, caring,understanding man and we have been trying to conceive for 3 years now with no luck so we are in the process of getting testing done to see what the problem could be if any. We have seen a high risk pregnancy doctor before trying and he said there's nothing that should prevent me from having a child and I've had a FSH test done and that's normal so it means I have enough eggs there so we know that's not the problem. We are going to have a semen analysis done and I'll probably get more tests done after that to try and determine why I have not conceived yet. The next step would probably be the medication Clomid and we will see what happens with that. I have been in remission for the last 3 years now and I haven't been in the hospital either so I've been lucky with that so far so I am hoping to conceive before I have another flare up. I am so glad I found this forum and I'm hoping to meet others with the same problems and hear their stories and to possibly get advice and give advice after all that's why this forum is here and that's why many people come to sites as these. Thank you for reading my story and I look forward to making new friends. Take care and stay well!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum Melinda!

We are glad you found us also!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I am glad your husband has been so supportive through everything and I wish you luck in trying to conceive.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum more often!

Mikeyarmo thank you for welcoming me to the forum and I will definitely be here often and post updates as they come along. Thanks again! Take care and stay well!

Hey Melindar413,

Welcome to the forum. I wish you and your hubby alot of good luck with the quest for a baby....i hope you guys get some good news soon..

Xx

Yc_angel thank you for welcoming me to the forum,we hope to get good news soon too and I will keep you all posted as to what we find out from the tests and hopefully I will be updating with us expecting our first child soon. Thanks again! Take care and stay well!

Hi Angrybird thank you for welcoming me to the forum. I am currently only on Pentasa and Nexium as far as medications I get through my GI. I am not expecting yet but thank you for the link to that chat I will definitely check it out. Congratulations on being a new mommy. Thanks again! Take care and stay well!