• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this forum

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but not new to UC. I was diagnosed in 2007. Does anyone else out there also have UC, mine is limited in the rectum and there were a few ulcers in the sig, but not anywhere else for the moment.

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum.I was dx'd with Proctitis in 2006.It is controlled with Asacol suppositories and Loperamide tablets.I occasionally have a flare and feel pretty sick,with bleeding and mucus and urgency,but I up (excuse the pun) my meds,and luckily it passes pretty quickly.You will find lots of advice and support on here,it's THE best forum for IBD,ers.You can ask ANYTHING without embarrassment,and someone will try to help you.I hope you're having a good day today.Best Wishes.

2thFairy, did you not opt for the J-pouch, it is something I was hoping I would be a candidate for if the drugs don't work

I have a J-pouch formed and ready to go, but have opted to stay with the ileostomy long term or until I have problems with it. I have had such great success with my ileo that I am not ready to commit to essentially starting over with multiple trips to the loo, butt burn, accidents, etc., that come in the beginning stages of reconnection with a functioning J-pouch.

Don't let my decision discourage you, however. Many people have had a good outcome with their J-pouch; I'm just not ready for the switch over to it.