• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this site!

E

ElaineH

Hi I'm new to this site but not to crohns! I've had crohns for 20 years now, having been diagnosed at 17. 8 years ago I had a temporary ileostomy to help my perianal abcesses to heal, and I still have it now! It won't be reversed I'm told, but sometime in the near future it will be made permanent.

I met my partner Mark (Marco, another newbie!) on another crohns support forum, its great as we can really relate to one another with regards to crohns. I have a pretty positive outlook with regards to the crohns, I have lived with it for so long now it just seems normal to me strange as that may sound.. and I have no issues with my stoma.. again, it's just a part of me!

I'm looking forward to meeting some new people on this site, and I hope I can make myself useful too!

Elaine xx :)

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the board Elaine! I am glad that hear that you have a positive outlook on life, and you are not alone as many others on this board also have a stoma. I hope you stick around here because there are a lot of great people who would love to get to know you better.

K

Kate

Hey Elaine

Welcome to the board. Its awsome that you and your partner have joined and wanting to help others.

Well all the best hun
Kate

L

little_sami

Hey Elaine, thought I'd say Hi too, even tho you are on msn right now... doh! LOL

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi Elaine, sami and caz

i will say hi even though no1 has me welcom xx

M

Mozam

Elaine,

hey there!! Good to have you on board the board! keep us posted with how things are going, and we'll all speak to us ooner rather than later!

Cheers

xx

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

Elaine !! I am sure that you will find a good home here among all these wonderful CROHNNIE'S as I am just a wife of one so I am just here to get some support & meet some new folks & just have fun so jump right in and make yourself at home !!

K

k-t

Hi Elaine!!!

I got told about this site from Sami (who else!!!)

You do know we will have to catch up on msn soon!!!

Ktxx