• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this - started modulen ibd today and weird symptons :/

chest pains?!?! also just started modulen ibd

Hiya im a 23 yr old female with the crohns disease.
I was diagnosed last year but have been in and out of hospital with it for 12 years now :/
Have had no success on asacol mesalazine 800mg 2 tablets 3 times a day.
I went to see my dietician today and she gave me 7 cannisters of modulen ibd to try and she will give me a call on friday to see how things are going. If all is well she will then arrange with my GP how many weeks I will then be in modulen diet only.
So far its going ok felt hungry earlier but kind of passed after a drink! Thankfully!

Although the past few weeks I have started throwing up whilst flaring and have never done this before and in the morning I have been having a pain in my throat my diaphragm area which passes after an hour or so... although 3 nights ago I had a bad chest pain which passed after about 20 minutes but has come back again tonight :(
Is there a chance the crohns now affects my oesophpgus area ?! Has anyone else had any of these symptoms before?!
I'm hoping maybe the modulen may settle this but would like to know if this is normal as getting worried :( xx

Last edited: