• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this thing.

In December 2014 I got diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Been going to the GI for three years before getting diagnosed until about November 2014 the pain got so bad I couldn't take it no more. My symptoms were not the standard symptoms, no diarrhea, vomiting, etc. I had constipation, pain that came and went especially after eating that was like burning in the lower part of my stomach, and fatigue due to anemia. In December I was hospitalized for 7 days all while doing tests including colonoscopy, EDG, small bowel follow through, and CT's. After being sent home was on prednisone and omeprazole. I was back in the hospital 4 days later. When I was admitted I had severe lower abdominal pain and couldn't walk along with blurry vision. I was admitted under septic shock. Spent a night in ICU. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital being fed by TPN through a PICC line followed by many tests including CT's, MRI's, ultrasounds every week, and more. I was on prednisone and when I got out I started remicade. I have a fistula and abscess still but no longer taking prednisone and remicade helps lots. Pain comes and goes sometimes but hoping for it to get better. Checking for antibodies on remicade. Anybody else developed antibodies on remicade after only 2 uses?

Hi!
Sorry to hear that you've been going through so much! And that it took so long for you to get diagnosed too. I never had diarrhea before I was diagnosed, in fact all my life I'd tended towards constipation, so I think that meant Crohn's was really not considered for me for quite a few years despite the abdominal pain.

I don't really have any expertise regarding Remicade and antibodies but I'm pretty sure there are people around on the forum who have developed antibodies to Remicade and would have advice for you. Perhaps if you post your question with a title like "Developing Antibodies to Remicade" in the Remicade treatment subforum or ask your question in the Remicade support group thread here then more people will see it and come and share their experiences.

Best of luck with that and healing the fistula and abscess!