• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this website

hi! well im new here! i got diagnosed with crohns when i was 7 years old. my growth was stunted and i was under weight. i was a very very picky eater, i only ate small portions of the foods i DID like. i started taking pentasa every day and drinking 4 boosts a day. not much of an improvement of my colon but my growth spurred and i gained weight (the average weight and height of a girl my age). then i went to NYC presbyterian. one of the doctors helped get to the root of the problem. my doctor (same to this day) put me on remicade. ive been on that ever since. id say its 2 or 3 years on that right now? i used to get it every 8 weeks and it wasnt helping enough since i was getting severe stomach pain and my colonoscopy showed i had it in different places of my colon. she increased the dosage and moved it for me to have it every 6 weeks. ive been doing that for about 6 months. today i got my infusions and my doctor was talking about humira to my mom and grandmother and im very scared. im sure most of you know what it is but i know id have to self inject it into my thigh. ive looked at the side effects and it says it causes cancers. I'm freaking out.:frown: also my doctors NEW assistant that i have never met was supposedly screaming because i havent took my vitamins.:mad2: its not an intentional thing. im a 15 year old girl in highschool. i have track practice every day after school and arrive home at 5:30-6pm. i have tons of homework and studying to do when i get home and it slips my mind about talking vitamins TRUTHFULLY. its not something i mind i just forget and my parents frankly forget too. they just compare me FORGETTING to some major responsibility that they have & its not the same. :ymad: