• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this :)

hi, i was diagnosed with mild Crohn's 4 months ago, where i was put on budesonide 9mg then was lowerd over time, everything started to get better and i was feeling so much better untill it all came back again, the horrible pains and bad bloating, indigestion, back pains, fever,extremely tired, fluctuating weight and horrible stomach noises. the speacilist has put me back up to 9mg a day and told me to stay out of school for 2 weeks. This is effecting my life for 1 year now, i dont wanna go to lessons because i feel so uncomfortable no one really seems to understand me. I am in my last year of school and this starting to mentally affect me and my social life. I still havnt figured out what foods are sutible for me it seems to be just random. I would love and appreicate any other suggestings to keep my Crhons under control! thanks

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Just to confirm did everything start acting up again after you had finished taking the Budesonide or when you got to a specific dosage? Has any type of maintainence med been mentioned to you? When are you next seeing your doc? Have you tried any changes to your diet? It may also be worth asking about having your vitamin levels checked as people with crohn's can have deficiences in this area and can also contribute to how you are feeling.

There is a lot of helpful info and suport here so do have a good look around.

AB
xx

Catherine

Welcome to the forum. So you are in year 12, are you planning on go to uni ?

If so have you completed the applications for special consideration?

Sorry your feeling so sick.

My daughter is in year 11 and was dx in January.

David

Co-Founder
A very hearty greetings to you!

Are you not on any other medications besides the Budesonide?

I agree with Angrybird... have they tested your various vitamin and mineral levels? Common ones would be vitamin B12 and vitamin D and maybe request a magnesium based upon your symptoms. People with Crohn's are quite commonly deficient in these.

Again, welcome!

I recently moved onto prednisolone and have been on that for a few months with no changes, my dr has now suggested I have laparoscopic (keyhole) operation to remove the last part of the small bowel. i was just wondering what the success rate was on it and if any one has had it. thanks

Angrybird

I had to have keyhole surgery myself to sort out a stricture where my small bowel met the large. For me it went really well and I was home after 5 days and back to full time work after 6 weeks, you can hardly see the scars now as well. I think the fact that it was able to be done via keyhole really helped and that other than the crohn's I didn't have other health issues to complicate things. I did have to go back on meds a few weeks after due to a flare up but once this was sorted I have since done really well and have even been finally able to start my family :) We do also have a surgery sub forum that is worth having a look at to get further info on this: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71.

Please keep us updated on how you get on.