• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New tobacco ad

I saw this ad yesterday and was furious. Is there such thing as "bag shaming?" I am shocked that in this day and age they would find something like this to make their point.

Thanks for posting this, Nyx. I can't believe that some marketing/ad agency thought that the best way to get their message across is to pit one disease with another, to think that a bag is the *worst* thing that could ever happen to someone. Geez, the only 'message' I got from the ad was to want to ask the CDC people if they'd done anything to reach out to the woman in the ad to offer her support.

Gah. Highly irresponsible ad.

Cheers,

Kismet

Signed. Thanks for bring it to my attention. Its hard enough to deal with IBD that we don't need negative attention, how about some supportive messages.